Thursday, February 3, 2011

The pantry Redo!!!

3 days ago around 4:00 PM, I had a faboulous thought: Let's get rid of the pantry freezer and make some more room in there! I was thinking we could add shelves and make it more functional. The honest truth is- we have 4 freezers! 1 stand up in the pantry, 1 chest freezer on the back porch, 1 chest freezer in the shed and a normal fridge freezer in the shed as well. I knew I could create more space, so just as Trav was returning home from the gym- I put him to work helping me remove the freezer and add shelving! I had some boards and shelf thingys, so we just used what we had. I should have painted the shelves, but I didn't care at that point- I just wanted them up! We spent a day & 1/2 and I cannot tell you how much better I feel- seriously- I feel like a new woman! I'm not joking! Give me a mountain and I will yell it from the top! I can actually walk in there now, I have all my craft stuff out (until 50 boxes of free food replaces it) I am just SOOO happy. I kinda want to hang out in there and look at all the pretty colors!

It doesn't look like much to you guys, but I moved & removed a 100 cans of veggies, another 100 canning jars & another 100 boxes of other stuff! (no joke!) After the food was in place, I saw how much room I had left for my craft stuff and then I went to town reorganizing almost everything in there. Talk about lots of hours- but A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! I still need to repaint the floor and do a few things- but I'm in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment