Thursday, January 27, 2011

A labor of Love



Years ago, I started making calendars of the kids for my Mom, dad, Trav's parents, and 2 sets of grandparents for Christmas presents. It became a tradition and I enjoyed making them each year. In the beginning I even drew the calendar grids by hand & had them spiral bound at the copy store, but then I got smarter/lazier & started buying calendars and then covering the ugly pages with super cute scrapbooked pages that i lovingly made by hand.I made 5 each year and it was ok, until this past christmas- I just DID NOT WANT TO MAKE THEM! I was tired, worn out and realized Willow, my 1 year old was going to make it impossible to get all my scrapbook stuff out- so I just decided not to make them this year. I justified it by telling myself: don't worry- you didn't send out many christmas cards either, it's ok to simplify or JUST NOT DO SOMETHING!!
So I was fine with my decision for a few days... and then the guilt set in and I could hardly take it. I told myself if I found premade calendars, I would just use their ugly pages and not worry about it- so guess what I found at Michael's for .50 each, days later??? You guessed it: premade calendars!(I always get them there, I just hadn't seen them all holiday season so I thought they wern't selling them that year)
So, I picked up 5 of them and began the process...
Normally each calendar took approx. 5 hours to complete. Times that by 5 and you have AT LEAST 25 hours worth of love put into these babies. This year it only took 7! So definatly much better! I'm sorry for slacking this year Mom & Dad, but at least you're getting one!!! Although they are VERY simple with no embellishments because they are going through the mail, I at least did it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment